The Center is interested in bringing new art, educational, and cultural classes to our community. If you are looking to enrich your mind or lives, learn about a new subject or art form, or just want to be creative, join in one of our many offered classes. For more information please contact The Center (941) 778-1908 or [email protected].
ALL CULTURE CLASSES ARE POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Learn to play the Ukulele and learn a song with a ukulele included. 4 separate lessons, 4 songs.
5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Cost: $50 per class. Ukulele included.
Sign-up at The Center Front Desk (941)778-1908
For more information contact [email protected]
On hold until further noticed.
The Art of Meditation – Advice for a Happy Life
In Partnership with Kadampa Meditation Center Florida
Instructor: Kelsang Sangzin
Classes start February 5th
Wednesdays 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Cost: Members – $5 per class and Non-Members – $10 per class
Advice for a Happy Life
These weekly meditation classes teach simple, practical meditation techniques based on the teachings of Kadampa Buddhism. These classes are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. Their intent is to help people to gain a personal experience of inner peace, overcome their daily problems, and find real happiness in their hearts. This class will be taught by Kelsang Sangzin, she is an American Buddhist Nun and Education Program Coordinator for KMC Florida in Sarasota. Everyone is welcome!
For more information contact [email protected] or (941)778-1908 ext. 209
Tuesday, April 14th
11:30am – 1:30pm
Cost: Member: $44 Per Lunch | Non-Member: $49 Per Lunch
Space is limited
The Art of Olive Oil
Join us for The Art of Olive Oil, an appetizer workshop utilizing the oil from the irresistible olive, which is harvested from trees that grow on more land than any other fruit tree and that, to many, is a holy tree. Participants will learn the secrets of the fruit that seduced the world since ancient times and make a few dishes to enjoy.
For more information contact Connor Haughey, [email protected] or (941)778-1908 ext. 209
Instructor: Omar Schwanzer
For information contact: The Center 941-778-1908 or [email protected]
Class Days: Monday & Thursday
Times: 5:15 pm – 6:15 pm
Cost of Class:
Member: $85 per month
Non – Member: $99 per month
Family Member: $165.00 per month
Family Non-Member: $179.00 per month
**First Month FREE**
Family as described in our membership guidelines & regardless of size.
(Family: Permanently living under the same roof with documentation of joint residence.)
To register or for more information about any of the Lifelong Learning Classes please call (941) 309-5111.
Classes for Spring 2020 have been cancelled.
- Whether we are aware of it or not, our lives are truly a Spiritual journey. The intention of the group is to create an informal setting for Spiritually, like-minded people to meet regularly on Anna Maria Island to aid personal growth and the good of the community.
- The group will provide an environment that supports and facilitates the sharing of Wisdom and insight that we have all learnt on our individual life’s journey.
- Share information and resources that assist all Spiritual seekers
- Discuss practices that assist in bringing the body, mind and Spirit into balance. Including meditation for health, wellbeing and calmness of mind
- Share and explore the benefits of alternative holistic sources of healing, such as yoga, nutrition, the healing power of positive thinking, visualizations and affirmations
- Discuss the ways of how we think and how we see the world, which directly effect our life experience
- Explore and help understand our individual relationship to the Universe
- Occasional Guest Speakers
Group Meeting Information:
Meetings will be held every first and third Tuesday of each month 6:30pm-8pm at the Learning Meeting Room, 2nd Floor at The Center on Magnolia Ave, Anna Maria 34216. Please confirm meeting days with John or Dee (info listed below).
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other, is as though everything is a miracle.” ~ Albert Einstein
Each month many of our Page Turners @ CAMI book members meet to talk books. Our unique m.o. is to share our thoughts about any of the books that we individually have read or listened to. We could be hearing reviews of 20 different books! In the process, some of us are inspired to read/listen to a certain reviewed book and come back next month with our own thoughts to share. It can be wild.
Page Turners meet on the first Monday of each month, 4pm at The Center