Come make a positive difference in the lives of the youth, adults, and families in our community while developing the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Sports and Youth Program Manager
Send resumes to [email protected].
The Center of Anna Maria Island is hiring a Sports and Youth Program Manager. The position serves to provide the leadership necessary to organize, implement, and evaluate The Center’s sports programs (youth sports, adult sports, tennis, and pickleball). The Sports and Youth Program Manager will assist in the afterschool program and all day camps for children in K-5 and 6-8th grades, working to provide to provide necessary oversight that ensures a safe, enriching, social, and developmentally sound experience. Performs all duties while upholding and carrying out The Center’s mission to enhance the overall wellbeing of individuals of all ages, while preserving a sense of community through creative programs and partnerships.
Schedule would be Monday- Friday with some weekends for events. Hours would depend on programs, but would include nights up till 10pm for Sports. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) matching, and employee discounts. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Driver’s License required. CPR and First Aid must be obtained and DCF classes are required.
The Center of AMI offers Internships in the following departments:
- Recreation & Sports Management
- Nonprofit Program Administration
- Sports Marketing & Public Relations
- Early Childhood Education
- Exercise Science/ Fitness
- Senior Programming
- Social Work
Internship will include but is not limited to the following experiences:
- Attending trainings addressing program disciplines.
- Planning, implementing, facilitating, and evaluating programming.
- Assisting staff with programming and administration.
- Planning, assisting, overseeing and chaperoning group and community programming.
- Driving the Center vehicles.
- Maintaining and gaining experience with various technology, to include management of donor software and volunteer management software.
- Creating and complete an intern project to be determined from your interests and the needs of the Center.
- Assisting with both administrative duties, as well as facility/fields management duties as needed.
- Gaining experience with the administrative aspects of fundraising.
- Coordinating special events and fundraisers
- Executing the Center Communications Plan to include Social Media Platform management, as needed and when appropriate. Website maintenance as well.
- Complete college/university assignments as needed
- Maintain Center Staff and University Internship professional protocols and expectations
The Center of Anna Maria is looking for individuals interested in helping at “the community’s gathering place”. We are are looking for people to help with coaching, tutoring, events, and welcoming guests at the front desk and more.
Why volunteer at The Center?
1. It’s fun!
2. You can help make an impact on the lives of children, seniors, and your community.
3. There is something for everyone (be a coach, tutor, mentor, help at events and more)
4. Be a part of an amazing team and make new friends!
5. Learn something new or teach someone else something new!
Interested in sharing your talent and helping out others?
If interested in volunteering please click here to fill out a volunteer form