Come make a positive difference in the lives of the youth, adults, and families in our community while developing the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
After School and Summer Camp Counselor
Are you looking for a fun, exciting way to spend your afternoons? Do you love working with kids? Then spend them working at The Center of Anna Maria Island in our Beyond The Classroom Program. We are looking for an After School Counselor. Must have good character, integrity, and adaptability. Counselors also must have enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control. Must have or be willing to get DCF training and CPR and First Aide. Must have a clean criminal background and driving record. Part time. 20-25 hours per week (hours will change during summer camp, all day camps and half days).
- Implement the program curriculum
- Work with program personnel to implement engaging, developmentally appropriate, and educational enrichment curriculum and programming which expands and supports student learning experiences.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships through effective and timely communication with program personnel.
- Assist in addressing the ongoing needs of the students and parents.
- Implement program procedures effectively to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Observe, monitor, and participate in children’s activities.
- Transport children in company vehicle to Center from School and to field trips.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment based on safety standards set within the program.
- Support the emotional and social development of children.
- Report any concerns and questions regarding the program (students, parents, equipment needs, supplies, other staff, volunteers, etc.) to Director.
- Maintain accurate and organized records such as attendance records, timesheets, incident reports, and all other paperwork as instructed by the Director to ensure program compliance and quality operations.
- Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the room and equipment before, during, and after the program.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please send resumes and cover letters for the After School and Summer Camp Counselor to [email protected]
The Center of AMI offers Internships in the following departments:
- Recreation & Sports Management
- Nonprofit Program Administration
- Sports Marketing & Public Relations
- Early Childhood Education
- Exercise Science/ Fitness
- Senior Programming
- Social Work
Internship will include but is not limited to the following experiences:
- Attending trainings addressing program disciplines.
- Planning, implementing, facilitating, and evaluating programming.
- Assisting staff with programming and administration.
- Planning, assisting, overseeing and chaperoning group and community programming.
- Driving the Center vehicles.
- Maintaining and gaining experience with various technology, to include management of donor software and volunteer management software.
- Creating and complete an intern project to be determined from your interests and the needs of the Center.
- Assisting with both administrative duties, as well as facility/fields management duties as needed.
- Gaining experience with the administrative aspects of fundraising.
- Coordinating special events and fundraisers
- Executing the Center Communications Plan to include Social Media Platform management, as needed and when appropriate. Website maintenance as well.
- Complete college/university assignments as needed
- Maintain Center Staff and University Internship professional protocols and expectations
The Center of Anna Maria is looking for individuals interested in helping at “the community’s gathering place”. We are are looking for people to help with coaching, tutoring, events, and welcoming guests at the front desk and more.
Why volunteer at The Center?
1. It’s fun!
2. You can help make an impact on the lives of children, seniors, and your community.
3. There is something for everyone (be a coach, tutor, mentor, help at events and more)
4. Be a part of an amazing team and make new friends!
5. Learn something new or teach someone else something new!
Interested in sharing your talent and helping out others?