Come make a positive difference in the lives of the youth, adults, and families in our community while developing the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Front Desk Staff Member:
The Center of Anna Maria Island is hiring Front Desk Staff. The Front Desk staff must demonstrate a personal understanding and appreciation of The Center’s mission and purpose. This position requires excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. The person must demonstrate an ability to work effectively with people and be a team member. The person also must work effectively on their own. This position requires good organizational skills, strong human relation skills, general knowledge of business procedures, good communication skills, and willingness to adapt to change. This person must have a working knowledge of operating computers, be able to work in a fast pace environment, be flexible, provide a professional and friendly service to all customers, be able to handle and help resolve member concerns, and be able to multi-task. Must be proficient in word, excel, and have a general knowledge of software systems overalls. Must be able to work nights and weekends. Monday through Thursday 2-8pm, Friday 2-7pm, and Saturday 7:45-3pm. Please send resume to Jillian Ptak, Director of Customer Service, at [email protected]
We are looking for an enthusiastic, attentive Camp Counselor to lead, support, and motivate campers as they enjoy all that our summer camp has to offer! Need to be willing to work outdoors during activities for part of the day, as many of the activities and field trips are outdoors. The Camp Counselor will help plan events, lead group events, monitor campers, and respond to incidents, such as behavioral problems or accidents, log events, maintain records relating to activities, and discuss camper participation and concerns with parents and other camp staff members. You should be positive, proactive, and caring while focusing on giving campers a fun, safe camp experience!
To succeed as a Camp Counselor, you should be upbeat, decisive, and responsible. You should also be organized and possess strong leadership skills. Summer Camp runs from June 7 to July 30th, with a week of training starting June 1st. Camp runs Monday-Friday 8am-6pm.
Camp Counselor Responsibilities:
- Working with other camp staff members to plan and coordinate camp events.
- Leading and supporting campers as they participate in age-appropriate activities.
- Monitoring campers to ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents.
- Cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of camp facilities and equipment, including company vans.
- Reporting and recording details of incidents, such as accidents or rule violations, to parents and camp staff.
- Memorizing all emergency procedures and enforcing camp rules.
- Participating in summer camp staff meetings as needed.
Camp Counselor Requirements:
- High School Diploma, equivalent, or active enrollment in school.
- Experience working in camps, with children, or with specific activities may be preferred.
- First aid, CPR, and/ or DCF training is beneficial.
- Physical ability to participate in activities, run, climb, swim, lift, or support the weight of children.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- High level of responsibility and accountability.
- Upbeat, engaging personality.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Job Type: Part-time, seasonal
Please send your resume to Kathryn Palmer, Youth Program Director, at [email protected]
The Center of AMI offers Internships in the following departments:
- Recreation & Sports Management
- Nonprofit Program Administration
- Sports Marketing & Public Relations
- Early Childhood Education
- Exercise Science/ Fitness
- Senior Programming
- Social Work
Internship will include but is not limited to the following experiences:
- Attending trainings addressing program disciplines.
- Planning, implementing, facilitating, and evaluating programming.
- Assisting staff with programming and administration.
- Planning, assisting, overseeing and chaperoning group and community programming.
- Driving the Center vehicles.
- Maintaining and gaining experience with various technology, to include management of donor software and volunteer management software.
- Creating and complete an intern project to be determined from your interests and the needs of the Center.
- Assisting with both administrative duties, as well as facility/fields management duties as needed.
- Gaining experience with the administrative aspects of fundraising.
- Coordinating special events and fundraisers
- Executing the Center Communications Plan to include Social Media Platform management, as needed and when appropriate. Website maintenance as well.
- Complete college/university assignments as needed
- Maintain Center Staff and University Internship professional protocols and expectations
The Center of Anna Maria is looking for individuals interested in helping at “the community’s gathering place”. We are are looking for people to help with coaching, tutoring, events, and welcoming guests at the front desk and more.
Why volunteer at The Center?
1. It’s fun!
2. You can help make an impact on the lives of children, seniors, and your community.
3. There is something for everyone (be a coach, tutor, mentor, help at events and more)
4. Be a part of an amazing team and make new friends!
5. Learn something new or teach someone else something new!
Interested in sharing your talent and helping out others?
If interested in volunteering please click here to fill out a volunteer form