The Center of Anna Maria Island is seeking an experienced and visionary individual to lead the organization through its next exciting chapter following a major turnaround. The Executive Director’s primary responsibilities as the chief spokesperson for The Center will be to provide leadership, direction and support to the staff, Board of Directors, and volunteers in order to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. The Center of Anna Maria is a nonprofit (budget over $1 million) whose mission is to enhance the overall wellbeing of individuals of all ages while preserving a sense of community through creative programs and partnerships. Our vision is to be a model community center that is emulated nationwide for our ability to engage our community through exceptional wellness experiences.
- Create a compelling vision for The Center and assure that the organization has a long-range strategy to achieves its mission.
- Provide leadership for organization’s programs and partnerships.
- Oversee the development and implementation of fundraising plans to secure adequate funding.
- Manage the operation of the organization, including programs, partnerships, and administrative functions.
- Provide leadership, direction, training and development to staff and volunteers.
- Provide oversight for financial management, practices and policies
- Build organizational awareness with new donors, political leaders and community groups
- Partner with the Board of Directors to achieve its priorities
Required Qualifications: The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment is a critical qualification for success in this organization. Qualified applicants from Sarasota-Manatee Counties will receive preferred consideration.
- Bachelor of Science degree (sports and recreation management, social work, or related degree preferred) or commensurate years of experience required. Concentration or certification in Non-Profit Management highly desired.
- Eight to ten years in non-profit management or comparable experience, with a focus on fundraising, management, community development, and organizational development desired.
- Proven success in fund development especially individual giving, corporate giving and foundation grant writing.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Proven experience in marketing, public relations, and communications with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Proven capacity to influence, appeal and work in collaboration with partner organizations and diverse constituents.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Exhibits integrity, is mission-driven, service-oriented, and self-directed.
Part/Full Time: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Full Medical Benefits. Family Membership to the Center. 401K
How to apply: Qualified applicants should complete- Application for Employment
and email completed Center job application, resume and cover letter, including the position interested in, to: email@example.com. Review of applications will begin after March 19, 2018.
Job Classification: Leadership and Executive
Location: Anna Maria Island
Posting Organization: The Center of Anna Maria Island