Come play tennis at the Rex Hagen Courts. The Center has three surfaced courts. Day passes are available at our Front Desk as well as short- and long-term specials. Stop by to find out more about our Membership opportunities! Members are free/ Non-Members: $15 per day pass or $45 month pass for just Tennis. For more information contact Recreation Director, Will Schenerlein at firstname.lastname@example.org or (941) 778-1908 ext. 9205
Monday-Saturday 7:30am to 10:30am
The Round-Robin session is open to ALL beginners and intermediate level players. Come out to have a relaxed and enjoyable time rotating in to various matches. This is a sociable and fun time to play tennis.
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday 10:30am to 1pm
Come out to join the Legends group if you are a more experienced player.
Monday-Friday 1pm to 8pm
Saturday 1pm to 5pm
The Center is proud to announce the addition of EJ Sanford as The Center’s Tennis Pro. Lessons are open to all ages and skill levels. You must make reservation for all tennis lessons:
- General Lessons: Work on stroke technique and fundamentals, footwork, match strategy and mental toughness. Cost is $72 per hour
- Hitting Sessions: Tour level hitting partner (non-instructional). Hitting only. Cost is $72 per hour
- Semi-Private Lesson (2 players): Join a friend for a lesson and have fun learning the game and working out together. Cost is $96 per hour
- Video Lesson: Take an hour video lesson with our pro and review it with him afterwards to take your game to the next level. Cost is $120 per hour
- Clinic (Minimum 4 players): Join your friends for a fun instructional workout in a group lesson. Cost is $25 per hour/ per person
- Footwork and Conditioning Session: Get fit with a topnotch tennis pro. Improving your footwork on court and overall fitness. Cost is $60 per hour
About EJ our Tennis Pro:
EJ Sanford is Florida native from Sarasota. EJ started playing tennis at 10 years old and was playing tournaments all over Florida and across the country throughout his junior career. He graduated from Bayshore high school where he led his team to a District Championship. He has recently been a touring professional who played in futures and challenger tournaments. EJ began coaching in 2004 at local tennis academies before starting his own World Class Tennis Academy in 2010. He has been The Center of Anna Maria Tennis Pro since October 2016.
The Center is excited to announce our Tennis Pro, EJ Sanford will be offering a free tennis clinic for all ages at the community center locate at 407 Magnolia Ave in Anna Maria. EJ will be teaching adults on Thursday, October 25th starting at 5:00pm and to youths (5-15 years) on Thursday, October 11th at 5:00pm. The clinics are free, all you need to do is pre-register. You can pre-register by emailing Will Schenerlein at email@example.com or by calling The Center at (941)778-1908. On the night of the clinic please go to the front desk and complete a waiver form and bring a tennis racquet.