The Center offers a variety of programs for people 60 years of age and older. Activities include traveling, pursuing old hobbies and learning new ones, socializing with friends, meeting new people, increasing knowledge, becoming and staying physically fit, and much more!
The Center is excited to have a partnership with the Annie Silver Community Center. This partnership allows for seniors to go on weekly adventures to a variety of different places around our area.
Space is limited for trips. To reserve your spot please call Kaye Bell 941-538-0945
- 10/27 AMI Center van leaves Annie Silver 9am to travel to the John’s Pass Seafood Festival
- 11/3 “Tech Ed” class at Annie Silver Community Center on ipad/iphone devices 10:30am-11:30am
- 11/10 AMI Center van leaves Annie Silver 9am to go to a Greek Festival, Tampa
- 11/17 AMI Center van leaves Annie Silver 9am to travel to Sarasota Music Club, Sunnyside Village Community Center
- 11/24 no meeting; enjoy your long Thanksgiving weekend.
- 12/1 AMI Center van leaves Annie Silver 10am to go to the Ringling Zodiac Garden, Museum of Art + Wimsey + lunch at Yummies
- 12/8 AMI Center van leaves Annie Silver 10am to visit Manatee Art Center Gallery + pottery sale + lunch downtown
- 12/15 AMI Center van leaves Annie Silver 10am to go to the Holiday Singers at the Sarasota Music Club, Sunnyside Village Community Center. Catered luncheon to follow
- 12/22 Annie Silver Book Sale and Holiday Pot Luck at Annie Silver 10am-1pm
- 12/29 No meeting; enjoy your long New Year’s weekend.
There is a van fee of $5 and additional fees for entry fess and food.
The Center offers a variety of Fitness Classes for all abilities. The Fitness Center offers a weight room with the equipment to maximize your workout, including an elliptical, treadmills, stationary bikes, freeweights, and an all-in-one weight machine. You will taught how to use the equipment step by step during our Senior Fitness Orientation. Please visit The Center’s front desk to arrange your orientation time.
Chair yoga is a wonderful yoga practice that promises great improvements in balance, flexibility, core strength, and body. This a great way to practice yoga without having to get on the floor.
|Schedule:||Tuesdays 8:45 – 9:45 a.m.|
This is a class emphasizing basic arm, hand, leg and foot movements to increase an individual’s heart rate. This format will also encompass a wide variety of exercises with the intention to improve a participant’s aerobic ability, coordination, strength, balance, posture, alignment, mobility, flexibility, and muscle tone. There are many possible benefits to this program, including a more positive health status, greater independence, heightened confidence, enhanced body awareness, and better navigation through the activities of daily living.
|Schedule:||Mondays and Wednesdays 10 – 11 a.m.|
Strengthen & Lengthen
Strengthen and Lengthen provides a challenging workout for participants at all fitness levels. A few of the many focus points are: muscle tone, muscle strength and muscular endurance; flexibility and balance; proper body alignment, range of motion and posture; and, movement coordination. Recommended equipment: small hand weights (1-5 lbs.) and a yoga mat.
|Schedule:||Mondays and Wednesdays 9 – 10 a.m.|
The benefits of this ancient Chinese art include improvement in mental clarity, balance, footwork and stepping. Tai Chi is a gentle healing practice, an excellent way to open up the joints and stretch the tendons. Suitable for all ages and levels.
|Instructor:||Sensei Brian Nell|
|Schedule:||Wednesdays and Fridays 9 -10 a.m.|
Click here for a full list of our fitness classes