The Center is interested in bringing new art, educational, and cultural classes to our community. If you are looking to enrich your mind or lives, learn about a new subject or art form, or just want to be creative, join in one of our many offered classes. For more information please contact The Center (941) 778-1908 or email@example.com.
To register or for more information about any of the Lifelong Learning Classes please call (941) 309-5111 or visit www.rclla.org.
Einstein’s Circle discussions are free and open to the public. No prior registration required.
11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. • Wednesdays
Sept. 26, Oct. 3, 10, 24, 31, Nov. 7 and 14
Einstein’s Circle is a place where people gather to engage in an open exchange of ideas, opinions, and information on a variety of topics. These popular give-and-take discussions focus on political, social, and economic issues, as well as current events and concerns. Topics to be decided closer to Einstein’s Circle dates.
Instructor: Omar Schwanzer
For information contact: Will Schenerlein, Receration Director, at 941-778-1908 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Class Days: Monday & Thursday
Times: 5:15 pm – 6:15 pm
Cost of Class:
Member: $85 per month
Non – Member: $99 per month
Family Member: $165.00 per month
Family Non-Member: $179.00 per month
Family as described in our membership guidelines & regardless of size.
(Family: Permanently living under the same roof with documentation of joint residence.)
Line dancing is exactly that: A group of lines that do a set number of moves to all four walls of a room. Some of the dances only require two walls. The dances usually range from 16 counts to 64 counts of movements. This is a fun genre of dance. It is easy for most to pick up quickly. Come and give it a try! Starts Thursday, January 10, 2019 and ends Thursday, March 28, 2019. Instructors Bonnie and Bob Hendrickson would love to see you here!
Please contact Recreation Director, Will Schenerlein at email@example.com or 941-778-1908 ext. 9205 for more information.
The Art of Meditation with Kadampa Meditation Center Florida
Wednesday, January 23rd
This inspiring meditation class will be a wonderful opportunity for you to learn about the practice of meditation. Suitable for anyone, and open to everyone, you can discover simple meditation techniques to clear the mind, reduce mental tension, anxiety, and stress, and experience peace from within.
“When the turbulence of distracting thoughts subsides and our mind becomes still, a deep happiness and contentment naturally arise from within. This feeling of contentment and well-being helps us cope with the busyness and difficulties of daily life. So much of the stress and tension we normally experience comes from our mind, and many of the problems we experience, including poor health, are caused or aggravated by this stress. By practicing meditation for ten or fifteen minutes each day, we will be able to reduce this stress. We will experience a calm, spacious feeling in the mind, and many of our usual problems will disappear.” – Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, Meditation Handbook
Cost of Class: Members: $5/ Non – Member: $10
- Tech U will cover both iPhone and iPad topics dependent on the interests of the people attending the class. Some potential topics are digital photography, security, and find my phone, how to use settings, sharing photos, text messaging and siri.
- Dates and Times coming soon!
- Whether we are aware of it or not, our lives are truly a Spiritual journey. The intention of the group is to create an informal setting for Spiritually, like-minded people to meet regularly on Anna Maria Island to aid personal growth and the good of the community.
- The group will provide an environment that supports and facilitates the sharing of Wisdom and insight that we have all learnt on our individual life’s journey.
- Share information and resources that assist all Spiritual seekers
- Discuss practices that assist in bringing the body, mind and Spirit into balance. Including meditation for health, wellbeing and calmness of mind
- Share and explore the benefits of alternative holistic sources of healing, such as yoga, nutrition, the healing power of positive thinking, visualizations and affirmations
- Discuss the ways of how we think and how we see the world, which directly effect our life experience
- Explore and help understand our individual relationship to the Universe
- Occasional Guest Speakers
Group Meeting Information:
FIRST MEETING will commence on Tuesday, September 18th, 2018, promptly starting at 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Meetings will be held every first and third Tuesday of each month at the Learning Meeting Room, 2nd Floor at The Center on Magnolia Ave, Anna Maria 34216.
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other, is as though everything is a miracle.” ~ Albert Einstein
Each month many of our Page Turners @ CAMI book members meet to talk books. Our unique m.o. is to share our thoughts about any of the books that we individually have read or listened to. We could be hearing reviews of 20 different books! In the process, some of us are inspired to read/listen to a certain reviewed book and come back next month with our own thoughts to share. It can be wild.
Page Turners meet on the first Monday of each month, 4pm at The Center