Come make a positive difference in the lives of the youth, adults, and families in our community while developing the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Summer Camp Counselors
Are you looking for a fun, exciting way to spend your summer? Do you love working with kids? Then spend it working at The Center of Anna Maria Island. We are looking for Summer Camp Counselors with good character, integrity, and adaptability. Counselors also must have enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control. DCF Training and CPR and First Aid are a plus. Part Time for Elementary School Age Campers. Camp runs Monday- Friday 8:30am-5:30pm. If interested please send resume to Will@centerami.org or Lisa@centerami.org. Deadline to apply is May 18, 2018.
The Center of AMI offers Internships in the following departments:
- Recreation & Sports Management
- Nonprofit Program Administration
- Sports Marketing & Public Relations
- Early Childhood Education
- Exercise Science/ Fitness
- Senior Programming
- Social Work
Internship will include but is not limited to the following experiences:
- Attending trainings addressing program disciplines.
- Planning, implementing, facilitating, and evaluating programming.
- Assisting staff with programming and administration.
- Planning, assisting, overseeing and chaperoning group and community programming.
- Driving the Center vehicles (CDL License a bonus).
- Maintaining and gaining experience with various technology, to include management of donor software and volunteer management software.
- Creating and complete an intern project to be determined from your interests and the needs of the Center.
- Assisting with both administrative duties, as well as facility/fields management duties as needed.
- Gaining experience with the administrative aspects of fundraising.
- Coordinating special events and fundraisers
- Executing the Center Communications Plan to include Social Media Platform management, as needed and when appropriate. Website maintenance as well.
- Complete college/university assignments as needed
- Maintain Center Staff and University Internship professional protocols and expectations.
The Center of Anna Maria is looking for individuals interested in helping at “the community’s gathering place”. We are are looking for people to help with coaching, tutoring, events, and welcoming guests at the front desk and more.
Amy Talucci, The Director of First Impressions, will be holding Volunteer Orientation meetings the first Thursday of every month at both noon and 6pm.
Why volunteer at The Center?
1. It’s fun!
2. You can help make an impact on the lives of children, seniors, and your community.
3. There is something for everyone (be a coach, tutor, mentor, help at events and more)
4. Be a part of an amazing team and make new friends!
5. Learn something new or teach someone else something new!
Interested in sharing your talent and helping out others?
Join as at the orientation to learn all about The Center and how you can help make a difference. The Center is located at 407 Magnolia Avenue on Anna Maria. For more information or if interested in volunteering please contact email@example.com or (941) 778-1908.