Come make a positive difference in the lives of the youth, adults, and families in our community while developing the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
After School Counselor
Are you looking for a fun, exciting way to spend your afternoons? Do you love working with kids? Then spend them working at The Center of Anna Maria Island in our Beyond The Classroom Program. We are looking for an After School Counselor. Must have good character, integrity, and adaptability. Counselors also must have enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control. Must have or be willing to get DCF training and CPR and First Aide. Must have a clean criminal background and driving record. Part time. 20-25 hours per week (more hours during all day camps and half days). If interested please send resume to Will@centerami.org.
- Implement the program curriculum
- Work with program personnel to implement engaging, developmentally appropriate, and educational enrichment curriculum and programming which expands and supports student learning experiences.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships through effective and timely communication with program personnel.
- Assist in addressing the ongoing needs of the students and parents.
- Implement program procedures effectively to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Observe, monitor, and participate in children’s activities.
- Transport children in company vehicle to Center from School and to field trips.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment based on safety standards set within the program.
- Support the emotional and social development of children.
- Report any concerns and questions regarding the program (students, parents, equipment needs, supplies, other staff, volunteers, etc.) to Director.
- Maintain accurate and organized records such as attendance records, timesheets, incident reports, and all other paperwork as instructed by the Director to ensure program compliance and quality operations.
- Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the room and equipment before, during, and after the program.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Director of Development
Job Type and Status: Exempt. Full-time
Reports to: Executive Director
To Apply: E-mail resume and cover letter to Christopher Culhane, Executive Director, at email@example.com
The Center of Anna Maria Island is seeking a Director of Development. The Director of Development will be responsible for the development and management of The Center’s fundraising and friend-raising efforts, communications plan, including marketing through social media, local news outlets, and direct mail appeals to current donors and new audiences. This position has the responsibility to promote and create awareness about the importance of The Center on AMI and preserving a sense of community here. This position will also assist with grant proposals.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years of events management experience
- Adaptable, approachable, accountable, and committed
- Demonstrated passion for excellence and accuracy
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to think strategically in the design and execution of projects, ability to work independently, and to manage a variety of tasks at once
- Collaborating skills and the ability to work with a diverse community
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills and a commitment to customer service
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and knowledge of DonorPerfect
- Experience in Adobe CC a plus
- Ability to recognize confidential information and to handle appropriately
- Individual must be able to work a flexible schedule during the planning and execution of events
- Grant writing proposals, narratives, & applications a plus.
- Professionalism in manner and appearance
- Possess a “can-do” attitude and strong appreciation for teamwork
- Understand and appreciate The Center’s mission and vision
- Assist in the development and execution of The Center’s annual fundraising plan
- Assist in planning community awareness campaigns and fundraising events
- Execute details leading up to, during and after events
- Broaden financial support base by attracting new donors through a comprehensive fundraising and marketing plan
- Collaborate with and lead other staff to support fundraising and marketing efforts
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy, including social media
- Identify viable grant options to further The Center’s goals and work with individual departments to apply for and track grants that further The Center’s mission and goals
- Ensure accurate and timely gift processing and stewardship
- Cultivate relationships with community members, past and potential funding sources
- Analyze data, confirm results and provide ideas for improvement
- Help to build upon the organizations credibility in the community
Are you a good fit?
From the welcome desk to the executive director’s office, we look for people who are hardworking, consistent and committed to building upon the passion we have for our community. Listening skills and the ability to think critically are extremely important. We seek open-minded people who are comfortable giving and receiving feedback. Having a keen sense of one’s personal strengths and weaknesses as well as high- standards of professionalism are required. You should have considerable initiative, and the ability to work productively in a sometimes-chaotic environment. We value employees who are excited to contribute concrete ideas to improve organizational systems.
Development and Event Management: 3 years
Marketing: 3 years
- Comply with all Local, State, and Federal Regulations, as it relates to all programmatic and grant
- Anything else deemed a priority by Executive
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- “Take charge” Personality
- Confidence Builder
- Highly Energetic
- Comfortable with bad news, confrontation, and conflict
- Doesn’t take things personally
- Natural problem solver
- Able to make quick decisions, but also capable of long-term thinking
- Doesn’t need others approval
The Center of AMI offers Internships in the following departments:
- Recreation & Sports Management
- Nonprofit Program Administration
- Sports Marketing & Public Relations
- Early Childhood Education
- Exercise Science/ Fitness
- Senior Programming
- Social Work
Internship will include but is not limited to the following experiences:
- Attending trainings addressing program disciplines.
- Planning, implementing, facilitating, and evaluating programming.
- Assisting staff with programming and administration.
- Planning, assisting, overseeing and chaperoning group and community programming.
- Driving the Center vehicles.
- Maintaining and gaining experience with various technology, to include management of donor software and volunteer management software.
- Creating and complete an intern project to be determined from your interests and the needs of the Center.
- Assisting with both administrative duties, as well as facility/fields management duties as needed.
- Gaining experience with the administrative aspects of fundraising.
- Coordinating special events and fundraisers
- Executing the Center Communications Plan to include Social Media Platform management, as needed and when appropriate. Website maintenance as well.
- Complete college/university assignments as needed
- Maintain Center Staff and University Internship professional protocols and expectations
The Center of Anna Maria is looking for individuals interested in helping at “the community’s gathering place”. We are are looking for people to help with coaching, tutoring, events, and welcoming guests at the front desk and more.
Why volunteer at The Center?
1. It’s fun!
2. You can help make an impact on the lives of children, seniors, and your community.
3. There is something for everyone (be a coach, tutor, mentor, help at events and more)
4. Be a part of an amazing team and make new friends!
5. Learn something new or teach someone else something new!
Interested in sharing your talent and helping out others?