WHAT IS THE CENTER OF ANNA MARIA ISLAND?
The Center strives for excellence in meeting the human service needs of all those living on or near by our barrier island. We are focused on the community and open to all.
In doing so, the Center is often seen as an “Educational Center,” a “Recreational Center,” a “Youth/Teen Center,” and a “Senior Citizen Center,” and also serves as a Post Hurricane Shelter.
The Center is all of these and much more.
The Center’s Mission
The mission of The Center of Anna Maria Island is to be the ‘community’s gathering place’. This means to be a community focused center that the families, residents and visitors of Anna Maria Island have confidence and trust in to provide opportunities to gather…to socialize…to deepen friendships and to make new ones. This special purpose and role in the community is fulfilled by offering sports, games, exercise, dance, art, music, social gatherings, learning programs, and other engaging opportunities, relevant to the needs of the Anna Maria Island community and, which, in total, provide financial stability for The Center.
Video by The Center Film Club in partnership with AMI Radio
The Center’s Promises to the Community
The Center’s promises provide community team members with clarity and direction, support the fulfillment of The Center’s mission and ultimately represent what The Center is known for to the members and community. Everything we do as a community center falls within one of these promises.
WE PROMISE TO
- Create a family friendly atmosphere that is fun, safe and social
- Offer healthy lifestyle programs and activities to all ages
- Provide experiences that are welcoming and stimulating
- Be a socially responsible member of the island community
Shared values guide the team’s day-to-day behaviors and serve as the foundation of our personal and collective reputation on the Island. These values represent our basic beliefs and convictions. They play a HUGE role in fulfilling The Center’s mission and promises.
- INTEGRITY – being truthful, transparent, honest and well-grounded in good and tough times.
- JOY – bringing passion, energy, excitement, fun and smiles each day to the Center’s members, community and staff.
- COLLABORATION – working as a unified team with each other and our partners in a spirit of cooperation.
- POSITIVE ENERGY – making a positive impact in the lives of staff, members and community.