Help Support The Center:
CALL TO ACTION!!!
The Center needs your Support! The Center at this time gets only a lease from The City of Anna Maria but no other funding. The City of Holmes Beach gives The Center NO funding. We need your help in telling our area governments that they should help support our Center.
|How you can help:
1) Come to one of the Commission Meetings (Wear your Center shirt)
2) Write a letter to the commissioners
3) Call the Cities
Holmes Beach: (941)708-5900
Anna Maria: (941)708-6130
4) E-mail the Commissioners
Holmes Beach Mayor Johnson email@example.com
Commissioner Judy Titsworth firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissioner Jean Peelen email@example.com
Commissioner Marvin Grossman firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissioner Pat Morton email@example.com
Commissioner Carol Soustek firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Maria Mayor Murphy email@example.com
Commissioner Copeland firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissioner Carol Carter email@example.com
Commissioner Brian Seymour firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissioner Woodland email@example.com
Commissioner Nancy Yetter firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Call the Holmes Beach Commissioners directly
Jean Peelen (703)930-0128
Carol Soustek (941)400-3888
Marvin Grossman (941)284-1300
Judy Titsworth (941)448-5030
Pat Morton (941)920-4061
|Check out our year to date: Impact Report|
WHAT IS THE CENTER OF ANNA MARIA ISLAND?
The Center strives for excellence in meeting the human service needs of all those living on or near by our barrier island. We are focused on the community and open to all.
In doing so, the Center is often seen as an “Educational Center,” a “Recreational Center,” a “Youth/Teen Center,” and a “Senior Citizen Center,” and also serves as a Post Hurricane Shelter.
The Center is all of these and much more.
The Center’s Mission
The mission of The Center of Anna Maria Island is to be the ‘community’s gathering place’. This means to be a community focused center that the families, residence and visitors of Anna Maria Island have confidence and trust in to provide opportunities to gather…to socialize…to deepen friendships and to make new ones. This special purpose and role in the community is fulfilled by offering sports, games, exercise, dance, art, music, social gatherings, learning programs, and other engaging opportunities, relevant to the needs of the Anna Maria Island community and, which, in total, provide financial stability for The Center.
The Center’s Promises to the Community
The Center’s promises provide community team members with clarity and direction, support the fulfillment of The Center’s mission and ultimately represent what The Center is known for to the members and community. Everything we do as a community center falls within one of these promises.
WE PROMISE TO
- Create a family friendly atmosphere that is fun, safe and social
- Offer healthy lifestyle programs and activities to all ages
- Provide experiences that are welcoming and stimulating
- Be a socially responsible member of the island community
Shared values guide the team’s day-to-day behaviors and serve as the foundation of our personal and collective reputation on the Island. These values represent our basic beliefs and convictions. They play a HUGE role in fulfilling The Center’s mission and promises.
- INTEGRITY – being truthful, transparent, honest and well-grounded in good and tough times.
- JOY – bringing passion, energy, excitement, fun and smiles each day to the Center’s members, community and staff.
- COLLABORATION – working as a unified team with each other and our partners in a spirit of cooperation.
- POSITIVE ENERGY – making a positive impact in the lives of staff, members and community.